Summary of Position
Provide accounting assistance to VP of Finance and Administration, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and assistance in the preparation of monthly statements and reports.
I. Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree in accounting or business with an emphasis in accounting, and a minimum of two years work experience performing accounting functions; or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
This position requires pre-employment and annual background checks.
II. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Essential Functions
**Following is a listing of representative examples of duties for this position; it is not considered to be a complete listing of all duties and responsibilities for the position.
- Proficiency with accounting principles and procedures and a high aptitude for general math skills.
- Participate in developing and monitoring agency budgets, financial forecasts, cash flow reports, cost center allocations and production profitability reports.
- Responsible for various accounting functions, including posting journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, produce monthly reports.
- Work closely with VP of Finance to ensure systems and processes are adequate.
- Participate in annual fiscal audits.
- Efficiency in handling multiple duties in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency with office practices and procedures and skill in their applications.
- High level of proficiency on office and accounting software, keyboarding and all office equipment.
- High degree of accuracy, professionalism and confidentiality on all work.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials, customers, suppliers and the public.
- Monitor and maintain account payables and provide back-up on accounts receivable as needed.
- Prepare monthly Capital Expenditures reports.
- Complete bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and submit sales tax.
- Monitor purchasing processes - including requisitions and purchase orders.
- Monitor and manage agency cash flow.
- Oversee ODC purchasing processes and monitor vendor costs to ensure accuracy/cost savings.
- Monitor all lease and maintenance agreements.
- Back up for Payroll processing.
III. Physical Requirements
- Ability to facilitate, initiate and respond to verbal, written, computerized, telephone and fax communications.
- Mobility to access various locations within/outside ODC facilities.
- Ability to perform quality inspection according to ODC’s and/or customer’s requirements.
- Ability to operate various office equipment and technology.
- Standing, sitting, walking frequently required.
- Lifting 25 – 35 lbs occasionally.
REPORTS TO: VP of Finance and Administration
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable