Summary of Position
Serves customers by helping them select products. Drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge. Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner.
Education and Experience
Graduation from high school, plus proven experience and success in sales and customer service. Computer skills including Square and cash handling experience a plus.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Essential Functions
- Serves customers by helping them select products.
- Drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner.
- Responds to customers’ questions.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Manages financial transactions.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases, processing checks, cash, and store or other credit and debit cards.
- Assists with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise.
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Ability to take detail custom orders.
- Work with the Milkweed Market team to develop and implement sales promotions and events.
- Represent ODC (along with other team members) at local events to promote and sell Milkweed Market products.
- Cross sell, if there is an opportunity, other Social Enterprise lines of business.
- Work independently and make decisions consistent with the goals and philosophies of ODC.
- Candidate must be willing to work Saturdays and special events.
II. Physical Requirements
- Ability to facilitate, initiate and respond to verbal, written, computerized, telephone and fax communications.
- Ability to operate various office equipment and technology.
- Standing, sitting, walking frequently required.
- Lifting 25 – 35 lbs occasionally.
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No other employees