Summary of Position
Responsible for maintaining efficient, secure and stable workstations and network operations. Provide support and maintenance on various databases within ODC.
- Education and Experience
Minimum of Associates Degree in Information Technology, Management Information, Network Administration or related field of study as well as 5 years hands on network and support experience. Practical data management and related business experience. This position requires pre-employment and annual background checks.
2. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Essential Functions
**Following is a listing of representative examples of duties for this position; it is not considered to be a complete listing of all duties and responsibilities for the position.
- Maintain network integrity
- Implement new systems
- Troubleshoot and repair network issues
- Developing, applying and enforcing best practices and policies for the organizations network
- In depth knowledge of Access, Word, Excel software programs.
- Provide support for e-mail, password administration, PC operating systems, desktop software and installations.
- Responsible for hardware/software budget recommendations, installations and implementation.
- Ability to identify, investigate and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems.
- Communicate and work effectively with internal and external customers while organizing multiple priorities.
- Ability to provide technical training to end users.
- Work with individuals with varying capabilities in a positive manner.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Respond to inquiries and requests in a professional, accurate, and timely manner.
- Provide support to all staff in use of PC hardware/software/peripherals.
- Perform software application installation and upgrades.
- Maintain site licenses for organization.
- Maintain and ensure network security, including file permissions, back up and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity.
- Maintain log of operations done on the computers, i.e., file names and dates.
- Clean and maintain computers and computer stations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, identify and respond to changes in priority.
3. Physical Requirements
- Ability to facilitate, initiate and respond to verbal, written, computerized, telephone and fax communications.
- Mobility to access various locations within/outside ODC facilities.
- Ability to perform quality inspection according to ODC’s and/or customer’s requirements.
- Ability to operate various equipment and technology.
- Bending, squatting, twisting, reaching, standing, sitting, walking frequently required.
- Lifting 25 – 35 lbs frequently – up to 60 pounds occasionally.
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Administration
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No Other Staff