Summary of Position
Provides job training for assigned DVR and Long Term Support Clients as well as case management duties for assigned Clients.
- Education and Experience
High school diploma. Post secondary training in human services or related field/experience working with people with disabilities may be substituted. Two years of work experience. Excellent communications skills (verbal and written). This position requires pre-employment medical screening and annual background checks. This position may be subject to “fit for duty” evaluations.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Essential Functions
**Following is a listing of representative examples of duties for this position; it is not considered to be a complete listing of all duties and responsibilities for the position.
- Maintain a professional image while working both at ODC and community sites. (see Code of Ethics).
- Possess awareness of realistic work expectations regarding quality of work and appropriate behaviors.
- Observe and evaluate work performance and develop goals.
- Provide problem solving and job related counseling.
- Work cooperatively with all people.
- Effectively communicate with others – verbal and written.
- Work independently to ensure consistency with ODC policies.
- Act as a liaison between Employers and Employment Services Staff.
- Learn computer programs.
- Utilize computer for word processing, desktop publishing and databases.
- Provide training for specified workers, training may occur inside or outside of the facility.
- Provide case management services and maintain a caseload of Long Term Support Clients
- Provide feedback and observation to Employment Services Staff.
- Record case notes in files as necessary.
- Coordinate materials for meetings and 6 month reviews.
- Assist with tracking vacation/sick time for specified clients.
- Observe and record pertinent information.
- Assist with tracking data pertaining to end of month/year reports.
- Attend meetings as necessary in Employment Services Staff absence.
- Willingness to complete first aid and CPR training and certification if requested.
III. Physical Requirements
- Ability to facilitate, initiate and respond to verbal, written, computerized, telephone and fax communications.
- Ability to demonstrate, train and/or model job tasks/duties/responsibilities.
- Ability to perform quality inspection according to ODC’s and/or customer’s requirements.
- Mobility to access various locations within/outside ODC facilities.
- Physical ability to lift or transfer adults when providing personal care.
- Physical ability to provide and/or respond to behavior intervention.
- Lifting 25 – 35 lbs frequently – up to 60 lbs occasionally.
REPORTS TO: Employment Services Manager or Employment Coordinators (depending on area of focus)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No Other Staff