Summary of Position
Responsible for operation of CNC machinery in addition to performing various duties within the Production Department. This may include hand assembly and woodworking. Candidate must be willing to train on numerous production lines.
- Training and Experience
Industrial or manufacturing experience is required. Individual must be at least 18 years of age and be able to read a ruler. Experience using power tools; saws, drills, etc. CNC Operation experience a plus but we are willing to train the right candidate. This position requires pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Essential Functions
- Ability to perform a variety of work tasks with acceptable quality and productivity rates.
- Inspects product and document data as required.
- Able to perform general math calculations.
- Able to read and interpret drawings.
- Record all data used on various jobs for historical records.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Perform and document routine maintenance.
- Ability to operate industrial equipment, i.e., packaging or woodworking machinery.
- Ability to use and read measurement tools.
- Responsibility for personal product quality assurance, final inspection, and packaging as required.
- Basic understanding of equipment in order to identify proper functioning.
- Ability to work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to maintain daily production records.
III. Physical Requirements
- Ability to produce at required rate while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to facilitate and respond to verbal, written, computerized, fax communications.
- Periodic lifting up to 40 pounds – (some jobs 60 pounds).
- Stand and/or sit for up to 8 hours per day in performing repetitive production methods.
- Physical stamina to operate effectively within a continuously changing production area.
- Ability to visually inspect raw and finished product.
- Mobility to access assigned production areas within center.
REPORTS TO: Woodroom Supervisor