Summary of Position
Responsible for on-site training and support of assigned individuals in community-based jobs and/or work experiences.
I. Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. At least two (2) years of experience working in restaurant, food service, janitorial, retail, factory setting or other community employment experience. Individual demonstrates experience and understanding of requirements to obtain and maintain employment in a variety of community settings and jobs. A valid driver’s license with good driving record and insured vehicle available for daily use. This position requires pre-employment medical screening and annual background checks. This position may be subject to “fit for duty” evaluations.
II. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Essential Functions
**Following is a listing of representative examples of duties for this position; it is not considered to be a complete listing of all duties and responsibilities for the position.
• Maintain a professional image while working at community sites. (see Code of Ethics)
• Perform personal care in a discreet, respectful manner (i.e.; toileting, eating, mobility, behaviors).
• Possess awareness of realistic work expectations regarding quality of work, and appropriate work behaviors.
• Teach job tasks.
• Communicate with employers and respond to training needs and/or related problems.
• Make decisions and work independently.
• Possess knowledge of physical and mental impairments and effect on vocational and social adjustments.
• Communicate effectively in person and for record keeping.
• Work cooperatively with all people.
• Work a flexible schedule – some evening hours and occasional weekend work.
• Possess knowledge of safe ways to assist individuals with transfers.
• Learn computer programs.
• Evaluate job performance to make recommendations concerning goals and objectives.
• Observe and record pertinent information.
• Break tasks down to achievable components.
• Train individual(s) at community work sites.
• Follow up of employees at Employment sites.
• Monitor quality and quantity of work and behaviors of employees at work sites.
• Maintain working relationship with employer and employees at work site to foster success and integration for employee.
• Perform creative problem solving as needs arise for individual on work site.
• Work cooperatively with Employment Staff to maintain and establish job sites.
• Observe and record performance of assigned individuals.
• Work one-on-one with people with significant needs to develop skills for a work environment.
• Implement training plans established by case managers and employers.
• Willingness to complete first aid and CPR training and certification if requested to.
III. Physical Requirements
• Ability to facilitate, initiate and respond to verbal, written, computerized, telephone and fax communications.
• Ability to demonstrate, train and/or model job tasks/duties/responsibilities.
• Ability to perform quality inspection according to ODC’s and/or customer’s requirements.
• Mobility to access various locations within/outside ODC facilities.
• Physical ability to lift or transfer adults when providing personal care.
• Physical ability to provide and/or respond to behavior intervention.
• Lifting 25 – 35 lbs frequently – up to 60 lbs occasionally.
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No Other Staff
Your application was submitted successfully.