Summary of Position
Position can be full time or part time.
Responsible to program, set up and operate a computer numerical control (CNC) machine to produce a quality product per spec/print with little supervision. The operator must rely on experience and judgement to accomplish goals with above average degree of independence and initiative to complete job requirements in accordance with the production timeline.
Education and Experience
High school graduate. Good computer, math, communication and organizational skills. Minimum of two years related work experience operating a CNC.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Essential Functions
**Following is a listing of representative examples of duties for this position; it is not considered to be a complete listing of all duties and responsibilities for the position.
- Programs, set up and/or operate assigned equipment to produce quality products per spec.
- Review set up sheets and specifications to determine setup procedure, machine sequence, and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Enters commands to retrieve programmed machine instructions from database and machine control console.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tool.
- Train and assist other operators in machine operation and trouble-shooting.
- Has basic understanding of G-code systems.
- Inspects product and document data as required.
- Able to perform general math calculations.
- Able to read and interpret drawings.
- Ability to use and read measurement tools.
- Record all data used on various jobs for historical records.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Perform and document routine maintenance.
- Cross inspect work of others.
- Keep production areas clean and safe.
- Maintain daily production sheets.
- Ability to produce at required rate and quality of assigned job.
- Ability to facilitate and respond to verbal, written, computerized, fax communications.
- Ability to operate production electrical/motor driven equipment and machinery.
- Mobility to access various locations within ODC facility.
- Ability to perform quality inspection according to ODC’s and/or customer’s requirements.
- Bending, squatting, twisting, reaching, standing, sitting, walking frequently required.
- Lifting 25 – 35 lbs frequently – up to 60 pounds occasionally
- (Marshfield woodroom lifting up to 80 lbs occasionally)
Reports to: Woodroom Supervisor
Responsible for: No other staff