*This position will be both Case Coordination and Job Coaching and requires occasional nights and weekends*
For more information about Project Search, please click here
Summary of Position
Provides job training for assigned DVR and Long Term Support Clients as well as case management duties for assigned Clients.
I. Education and Experience
High school diploma. Post secondary training in human services or related field/experience working with people with disabilities may be substituted. Two years of work experience. Excellent communications skills (verbal and written). This position requires annual background checks. This position may be subject to “fit for duty” evaluations.
II. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Essential Functions
**Following is a listing of representative examples of duties for this position; it is not considered to be a complete listing of all duties and responsibilities for the position.
· Maintain a professional image while working both at ODC and community sites. (see Code of Ethics).
· Possess awareness of realistic work expectations regarding quality of work and appropriate behaviors.
· Observe and evaluate work performance and develop goals.
· Provide problem solving and job related counseling.
· Work cooperatively with all people.
· Effectively communicate with others – verbal and written.
· Work independently to ensure consistency with ODC policies.
· Act as a liaison between Employers and Employment Services Staff.
· Learn computer programs.
· Utilize computer for word processing, desktop publishing and databases.
· Provide training for specified workers, training may occur inside or outside of the facility.
· Provide case management services and maintain a caseload of Long Term Support Clients
· Provide feedback and observation to Employment Services Staff.
· Record case notes in files as necessary.
· Coordinate materials for meetings and 6 month reviews.
· Assist with tracking vacation/sick time for specified clients.
· Observe and record pertinent information.
· Assist with tracking data pertaining to end of month/year reports.
· Attend meetings as necessary in Employment Services Staff absence.
· Willingness to complete first aid and CPR training and certification if requested.
III. Physical Requirements
· Ability to facilitate, initiate and respond to verbal, written, computerized, telephone and fax communications.
· Ability to demonstrate, train and/or model job tasks/duties/responsibilities.
· Ability to perform quality inspection according to ODC’s and/or customer’s requirements.
· Mobility to access various locations within/outside ODC facilities.
· Physical ability to lift or transfer adults when providing personal care.
· Physical ability to provide and/or respond to behavior intervention.
· Lifting 25 – 35 lbs frequently – up to 60 lbs occasionally.
REPORTS TO: Employment Services Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No Other Staff
Your application was submitted successfully.