TITLE: Children Service Manager
Summary of Position
Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing children services across ODC service areas. Oversee Children's Therapeutic Program Specialists that provide outcome based services to enhance daily living skills, mentoring, employment, and counseling and therapeutic resources. Work with counties to develop contracts and implement Children Long Term Care Services.
Education and Experience
Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred in therapeutic recreation, education, child development, social work, psychology or other related field. Prior experience in a management or supervisory role. Prior experience working with children with developmental and/or mental health disabilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Essential Functions
- Develop after school, summer and other children and youth programs.
- Supervise Children Service Mentors across ODC service areas
- Conduct initial assessments and develop individual support plans for all new CLTS participants
- Review and assure accuracy of all monthly CLTS billing.
- Travel between all sites as needed.
- Develop strong relationships with funders and other community resources.
- Possess knowledge and ability to develop structured, meaningful program components based on participant needs and preferences
- Possess creative abilities to design and implement program
- Work collaboratively with community resources to integrate CLTS participants into the community.
- Make independent decisions based on personal discretion and judgment to ensure consistency with ODC policies.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports on outcomes and progress to funders and guardians.
- Provide case management and oversight of case management to all CLTS participants.
- Adhere to quality assurance and ethics
- Determine units of service for authorization and scheduling Assign CLTS participants to mentors that match the units and funding available. Monitor that services are provided.
- Coordinate and facilitate 6 month reviews for participants with counties.
- Work in collaboration with employment services department for smooth transition for individuals looking for TWE, or other employment opportunities.
- Possess knowledge of varying disabilities and their impact on functional and learning
- Communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with all
- Coordinate activities based on individual preference and referral requests from county case
- Work with all staff to coordinate daily schedules, activities and
- Monitor individuals assigned and address needs, behaviors, and personal care
- Document all relevant information in accordance with ODC policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance with personal care needs (i.e. toileting, medication monitoring, eating, mobility, behaviors and medical) as needed.
- Provide direct CLTS mentoring services to participants as needed (in start-up, back-up, etc.)
- Initiate and/or implement goal plans as established by individuals and their team
- Ability to encourage growth, learning and
- Possess the ability to promote a positive, progressive program and
- Ability to understand and achieve program goals and outcome performance
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Complete first aid, CPR and CPI training and certification if requested
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to facilitate initiate, respond to verbal, written, computerized telephone, and fax
- Ability to demonstrate, train and/or model job tasks/duties/responsibilities.
- Mobility to access various locations within/outside ODC
- Able to bend, stoop, twist, squat, push, pull, raise arms above shoulder, walk, sit, climb
- Background check required
- Must be able to push, carry or lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Physical ability to lift, utilize lift devices, support or transfer children with personal care area such as a shower seat. Weights of individuals will vary, as will personal care approaches and techniques. Must possess ability to follow training procedures and methods for lifting, supporting, and transferring.
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Services
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Children’s Therapeutic Program Specialists